Soulcalibur V - Save Editor Current .RAR download version: 11.4.3 | Current editor download version: 11.4.9
Download the most recent version of the editor here. For those of you new to modding or if you need some help with the editor, follow the walkthroughs here.
Reminder: you will need to use Horizon's Quick Fix EVERY TIME prior to injecting your Xbox save to the flash drive.
Some updates from now on may be done strictly through the editor. -- Change Log -- (for .RAR files)
- 11.4.3 - Another major coding overhaul. -Simplified the coding of the model selector page, removing 2k+ lines of coding from the editor form. -Simplified the weapon pattern coding, removing over 4k+ lines from the whole program. -Simplified coding throughout to aid in the number of variables sitting around, helping to streamline all processes. -Reimplemented the Extra Equipment Modifier. (and by that I mean started from scratch 'cause that thing was accidentally gutted a long time ago) Added "personality" support to Body to change your character's facial expressions since I found what triggers that. Added a new ToolTip (display that shows when hovering over select items) to give a quick view into the details of certain things. -Equipment in the selector will show all pieces, equipment image in placement panel will show a large image and the piece you've got equipped. -Colors will show the selector values. -Patterns will show all details. Changed the way the editor handles resources. Most of them will now be in a local folder to reduce the file size of the actual program. -Went from 189k MB to 53k MB. *11.4.2* Added a feature to the equipment selector to allow a double click: left click will equip the whole item, right click will equip the first piece. With this update, the "Hide Underwear" feature's checkbox will no longer automatically uncheck itself. Update to the color boxes' right click menu which allows you to access the saved color palette from the main form for easier coloring. Fixed a bug causing pattern area to avoid saving properly sometimes. Fixed a bug causing facepaint patterns to not change colors. Added a "Safe Pattern Editing" setting to allow only the design, the area affected, and the colors to be changed to avoid placement values changing. Enable this in the settings form. *11.4.1* Tweaked the layout and design of the stat editor pages. Fixed the model creator form to draw the background as intended. Went through all the code of the entire program and updated the coding.. I've made a lot of stupid code to make stuff work that I now know isn't necessary. Removed 7,000 lines of unnecessary/redundant coding in the equipment portion. Simplified the coding and increased the accuracy of the pattern copy/paste function. Fixed an issue that could cause recurring popups that would increase if you loaded a new save. Updated the equipment page to highlight the background instead of the components themselves, which should make that process lighter. *11.4.0* Addressed some component colors that were overlooked. Addressed a bug that's been present for a few versions that caused thumbnails that were changed to glitch out. Added a file trim system to help the program maintain the proper file size of each Savespace character data. Fixed a few issues with the color portion of the editor; copying and properly displaying palette colors. Fixed a bug causing patterns to save incorrectly. Adjusted the way the patterns save to help them disable properly. To streamline the editor's functionality and performance, I've removed the form darkening because it's slow and eh. Addressed a few equipment values that were wrong. How they've been unnoticed thus far is beyond me. Adjusted the functionality of the pattern form. Updated the updater with the new graphics/method. You'll see it in updates going forward. *11.3.9* Modified the editor coding to draw the backgrounds of the forms rather than using preset images. Added the ability to change the theme colors because why not? It was easy peasy with the new form rendering features. Adjusted the stat editor portion to create the panels when you need them rather than having them just sitting there the whole time. Fixed a bug with the workspace/savespace that could cause mild gamesave corruption when you delete slots 23 or 46 on a 360save. Fixed a bug with the workspace/savespace that caused the list not to generate fully if certain styles were in the listing. Found a bug that causes the editor to crash if you reload certain forms too many times. Made some adjustments to help avoid this since it can't be fixed based on my research. Adjusted the way the workspace/savespace work and added a cap of 200 workspace files. Added new vocals when you launch the editor based off your main style. Not so hard, WHY DO YOU HATE ME, NAMCO!?!?! *11.3.8* Added a new splash screen GIF image because it's sexy and I like it, shut up. Adjusted the Savespace and Workspace layouts to preview more content because I want it, geez.. T-T Adjusted the Savespace and Workspace to keep the character currently being edited highlighted. Adjusted the character copy and save coding to help prevent corruptions. Adjusted data directories to avoid redundancies. Added contact links for facebook, 8wayrun, youtube, xbox live, and psn in the about and contact forms. *11.3.7* Adjusted the form darken coding to properly work with monitors that have a scaled DPI setting.. because I hate using my program on my laptop for this reason. Fixed the form darkness click-to-close issue. If you ever get stuck in the dark screen (which you shouldn't), you can now effectively click anywhere on it to close it. Adjusted the MouseOverBackColor for components to accommodate the new hover color when it's got a red background. Adjusted the appearance for context menus to make it more easy to read when an item is being hovered over. *11.3.6* Added support for the equipment up/down function to the equipment selector's boxes. Adjusted the display of the savespace and workspace slightly. Added a function to the Savespace sync icon which allows you to right click and reload the gamesave's characters without reloading the gamesave entirely. Added missing sound effects for some of the newly designed components. Fixed a bug with the new components leaving ampersands out of their text. Removed mass character thumbnail fix due to reports of a bug. If your character doesn't have a picture for whatever reason, you'll now need to assign it one manually for it to be usable in game. *11.3.5* Fixed a bug with the equipment up/down that caused the editor to bug if you hit down when the text was "0". *11.3.4* Adjusted the Style Usage page again slightly to show the number of fights the top eight have. -Also removed 600ish lines of coding that weren't needed for that process anymore.. or ever. Oops. Adjusted the "editing slot" box to show if a savespace or workspace item has been loaded. Added support for the copy/paste right click for weapon patterns. -Pasting to weapon pattern blocks will automatically affect the corresponding weapon color block. -Pasting copied weapon patterns will automatically affect skin. Removed the Pattern Copier form because of the copy/paste function. Fixed some bugs with pattern selector's load/save coding. -Fixed the area value being forced to weapon block 1 if the value was for weapon block 3 or below. -Fixed bugs with Apply As Pattern/Sticker and Flip Horizontal/Vertical not saving properly. Applied a feature where you can hit the up/down arrow keys in an equipment data box to easily select the next/previous equipment item/piece. Adjusted the page layouts of.. -Equipment: Added the eyebrow for custom faces. -Pattern Selector: Condensed form slightly. Applied a visual update by removing.. -NumericUpDowns and replaced them with Labels/PictureBoxes. (this came with an update to stat read/save codes, removing a few hundred lines of code) -ComboBoxes and replaced them with Buttons/ContextMenuStrips. Random coding updates also took another 10k lines out of the form. It's gone from over 130k+ to around 68k. *11.3.3* Added a new background image for the character editor portion of the editor. Adjusted the layout and functionality of the Body section of the character editor. -Added scroll bars for body proportions and voice pitch/tone. -Removed the feature to quickly match hitboxes to a given style. You can still auto-match. -Added images for Location, Style Used, Style Read, and Hit Pack. Changed the functionality of the model creator. Now selecting the model type will quickly create and open the character editor. Fixed bug that caused the "Savespace Modified" not to be flagged after editing a character unless you had the workspace sectioned opened when you saved.. oops. Fixed a bug that caused the saturation of colors not to save properly, resulting in a depleted saturation in game. Added a copy/paste function to the colors and patterns on the editor's page. -Copy/Paste will not currently work for weapon patterns due to a rushed release to fix the color bug. *11.3.2* Fixed bug where if you had no workspace spots filled, you could only make a new one by using the "new workspace" tool. You can now double click or "Edit Selected" as you normally can. Forced myself to update the editor's coding as much as I could with the new stuff I've learned since I'd originally coded. (remember when it would take 1min+ to load a character? Those were dark times..) -Went from 133k+ lines in the main form to under 87k by removing repeated events for different objects. -I tried testing to see that bugs weren't present, but.. when did that ever do me any good? Let me know if you find any! Updated the contact form to push for an email to be left. Leaving no email can make it difficult for me to understand a bug you may have brought to my attention. *11.3.1* Updated the new message system to save your progress even if you disable them. Updated the message process to only dim the editor once when messages are being displayed rather than with each individual message. Added a "new messages" icon that will display upon editor launch if there's any messages you haven't seen. It'll mainly apply for when messages are disabled since if you view them, it enters immediately. Fixed a bug causing savespace slots 23 and 46 to not open for editing. -Thanks to "sonickjuice" for bringing this to my attention. Fixed a bug causing weapon patterns to resist saving changes, caused by flagging the wrong component. -Thanks to "Logzatiostuidios" for bringing this to my attention. Fixed a bug causing weapon patterns to disable standard patterns 1-4 respectively when you used the right click disable function. Adjusted the equipment list to allow other sizes. Added sound effects to the new style usage setup since I forgot to, oops.
- 11.3.0 - Updated the stat editor's coding to remove a lot of redundant coding repitition. May not have much impact, but it's more efficient and will slightly reduce file size... like.. by 0.05%. Yay! Updated the Style Usage page's interface. Updated the new message system to check online for messages. Also put in a feature to turn them off. Fixed a bug with the updator that caused it to try launching the old .exe's name. *11.2.9* Added a change log to the About form. Made the program check for updates when the About form is launched rather than clicking on the update status..thing. Improved the form darken coding so it doesn't mess with the components of the form before darkening.. Not sure why it did in the first place, but it's fixed now! Changed the way the app settings behaved.. The old system didn't always save them. It also makes it helps sync settings if you, like me, have your laptop/desktop auto-sync files. Added a new feature to show messages. It currently only works if they're pre-loaded with an update 'cause I'm lazy.. Fixed a bug causing the popup to potentially display the wrong file changes will be lost to when leaving the character editor. Fixed the border in the pattern copier tool. The program will now have a new name: SC5Mods.exe -- This will cause any shortcuts you may have made to be no longer valid. Either rename the program or update the shortcuts. Small update to the updater. It will now have a popup to say it's going to start the editor. I put it in so I could finish reading the updates... that I wrote... because reasons. It will also show the amount downloaded exclusively in MB. This helps the initial download speed because the form isn't updating the interface as much. The program may also launch faster again... for no apparent reason.... you're....welcome? **You may need to delete the folder the previous version was in.. When I tested the download, it kept bugging out and being weird, but copy/pasting the new .exe in a new folder seemed to work fine. *11.2.8* Tweaked the inital load process. Tweaked the savespace fill coding slightly to avoid bugs if no gamesave is properly loaded. Adjusted the equipment selector's sizes and layout to cooperate with the custom scrollbar. Fixed bug that occured if you started to create a new workspace but didn't finish and before trying to load a savespace character. Finally fixed bug that occured when loading PS3 gamesaves that caused the slots after slot 23 to read the wrong slots. Added editor version to the about form too just 'cause. Fixed bug caused by doing the "new workspace" tool when the only workspace was the empty one. Disabled the editor if no gamesave is loaded to avoid you putting work in that could be overwritten when a new gamesave is loaded. *11.2.7* Improved character editor load/save coding. Improved Adjust Clashing Underwear coding to resolve the process quicker. Improved the character/weapon/equipment/pattern databases which will help load time. Removed the treeview Equipment Selector. Added new equipment thumbnails (!!SO!! !!MUCH!! !!WORK!!) and increased the size of the thumbnails in the equipment selector. Fixed bug with the Pattern Copier improperly loading the workspace. *11.2.6* Fixed bug causing the editor to display the "editing slot" incorrectly if a different slot has been highlighted during the process Model Creation process. Added a function allowing you to create a "note" for your character to help identify them if needed. Updated the character selector interface. I designed it manually, so it may have a few bugs. Let me know! Adjusted the way the Workspace behaves. Re-implemented the function to copy patterns. *11.2.5* Fixed bug with pattern selector, if you tried coloring the pattern, the editor got stuck in the darkness, which apparently didn't get fixed as I'd thought. Fixed bug causing saved colors to not load their proprer saturation. *11.2.4* Adjusted the Equipment section to not equip DLC within the No-DLC sections. Fixed a bug causing the Equip Piece button not to show when selecting equipment under certain conditions. Fixed bug causing the Adjust Clashing Underwear checkbox not to show if the item should trigger it. Fixed bug causing Female Face 3 to pull the wrong image. Fixed bug restricting you from creating a new pattern. Fixed bug related with Standard Female body in the new equipment selector. Fixed bug with the new screen dimming where if, for whatever reason, the screen didn't return to normal, the editor was stuck in an unusable state. Fixed bug causing the new equipment selector to visually remain selected after equipping an item. Adjusted the right click function on the pattern/sticker buttons to only show when there's an existing pattern/sticker there. Added sound effects to the new equipment selector buttons. *11.2.3* I don't even know what was changed, oops. Realized it was either skipped or not recorded.
- 11.2.2 - Adjusted the volume to honor 0% volume upon launch. The "Auto-Match Style Used Height" function has been tweaked to show as style is changed. Also adjusted the feature to "Match Body" or "Match Height" to avoid looking wonky. Adjusted the saved colors and how they work. They should be more reliable now. Added new Equipment Selector views. Also fixed the piece selector that was out of order for forever but it didn't really matter with the treeview method. *11.2.1* Adjusted the layout of the color screen. Fixed the Disable Workspace option. It will now save the changes as intended so it will trigger upon loading. *11.2.0* Adjusted the way the editor resets when you change gamesaves to/from other the console format. It doesn't help you at all... but I found a way to organize the coding finally. Yay me. :D *11.1.9* Fixed bug causing the color selector form not to appear properly. *11.1.8* Added a new function that will allow you to disable/enable the workspace. Not sure if this will be in effect for you, but in testing, launch time went from ~20 seconds to ~8 seconds. *11.1.7* Resolved a bug causing the editor to freeze if you load a gamesave. (caused by 11.1.5 changes) Another update the the in-app updater tool. *11.1.6* Resolved a bug causing weapon changes for everyone except Dampierre to avoid saving. *11.1.5* Update to the way the equipment editor assigns pictures/text. Fixed a few incorrect equipment values. . . -Late Night Briefs -Kintaro's Apron -Tennis Jacket Added thumbnails to the White Knight and Dark Knight equipment since I finally found a video with them.
- 11.1.4 - Fixed bug causing the editor to freeze up when editing a 2P Elysium. Removed Dampierre's "GAME WILL CRASH" weapon from the selector. Fixed bug that caused custom Male/Female customs to resist being created.
- 11.1.2 - A few performance adjustments made throughout the editor. Adjusted the Stat Editor portion to reduce time required to view and edit other sections. Added music, sound effects, and a volume slider... because I got bored. Adjusted the way the editor handles the required (hidden) files. If not there, it will now create them. Adjusted the Character Creation portion of the editor. Updated the in-app updater.
- 11.1.1 - Tira will now welcome you back to the editor... 'cause she missed you... and she's bae. Resolved issue that can cause the form to freeze up when closing the About form. A few more minor design changes. Resolved an issue that caused all patterns to be disabled when disabling a pattern via right click. Fixed pattern commit coding, it should no longer freeze up. Adjusted the way the editor views the Female Body (no bra). It's also now only the two values that change.
Note: You may receive a prompt on your console when it tries to save the data in-game. It will say the loaded save doesn't exist and will ask you if you want to make a new gamesave. It's fine to say yes and overwrite the gamesave. It recreates a save with the loaded data, but with any additional data you may have acquired. You will not lose any data.